Since 1991, the Foundation has awarded over $675,000, supporting over 134 worthy logging safety-related projects.
Recently completed projects include:
- Production of an orientational video on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s new Comprehensive Safety Analysis program.
- Updating FRA’s OSHA Logging Safety Video, widely used in supporting interactive workshop-style training.
- Production and publication of Virginia Tech’s pocket manual, Safe & Efficient Practices for Trucking Forest Products.
- Production of a Storm Damage Clean-Up Video, providing pointers for safe operations in storm salvage operations.
- Supported production of Public Safety Around Large Trucks, an instructional video intended for public education.
If you would like to apply for funding for a special project, click here to downlaod the form, complete and send to Vickie Hoffart at:
Lake States & Western Regions Manager
Forest Resources Association
725 N Center Parkway #E104, Kennewick WA 99336
office: 509.396.7117, cell: 906.282.6752
What grant recipients say:
Doug Duncan, on behalf of the North Carolina Association of Professional Loggers, says, “State-based organizations have a direct impact on logging and trucking businesses. THATS’s funding of timely and key initiatives puts a ‘safety push’ into the woods and on the highways quickly.”